Making A Family Law Appeal
If you have decided to appeal the outcome of a contested or high-asset divorce, property division determination or post-judgment modification, you can benefit from the experience and skills of a Georgia appeals lawyer with a focus in divorce and family law.
Our appellate practice at Hill Macdonald, LLC, can help. Our divorce appeals attorneys in Marietta have more than 25 years of combined experience offering quality appeals representation through thorough research, thoughtful writing and persuasive arguments to the Supreme Court of Georgia and the Georgia Court of Appeals.
A final divorce decree need not be considered final. A court may have committed technical errors during a trial. Those errors may result in the court reaching the wrong conclusion that makes an appeal an advisable course of action. Or you may have received a positive result and your ex-spouse wishes to take it away through an appeal.
Hill Macdonald, LLC, Reported Cases
We have extensive experience taking cases before the Georgia Supreme Court and Court of Appeals. Our impressive track record, however, is best heard from the words of other satisfied clients.
Many family law firms do not offer appeals representation, but we do. Divorcing individuals and divorce attorneys alike throughout the Marietta, Georgia, area often look to Hill Macdonald, LLC, for counsel and representation in the appellate courts.
Our appellate practice has successfully brought about correction of judgments on behalf of former spouses whose cases were not properly resolved by trial courts.
Here is a list of our reported cases:
- Holmes v. Roberson-Holmes, 287 Ga. 358, 695 S.E.2d 586 (2010)
- Rank v. Rank, 287 Ga. 147, 695 S.E.2d 13 (2010)
- Ellis v. Ellis, 286 Ga. 625, 690 S.E.2d 155 (2010)
- Autrey v. Autrey, 288 Ga. 283, 702 S.E.2d 878 (2010)
- Vaughn v. Stafford, 306 Ga.App. 536, 702 S.E.2d 761 (2010)
- Harris v. Snelgrove, 290 Ga. 181, 718 S.E.2d 300 (2011)
- Edge v. Edge, 290 Ga. 551, 722 S.E.2d 749 (2012)
- Rutter v. Rutter, 316 Ga.App. 894, 730 S.E.2d 626 (2012); cert. granted.
- Baker v. Schrimsher, 291 Ga. 489, 731 S.E.2d 646 (2012)
- Magdangal v. Hendrix, 313 Ga. App. 522, 722 S.E.2d 130 (2012)
- Hamilton v. Hamilton, 292 Ga. 81, 734 S.E.2d 355 (2012)
- Crook v. Crook, 293 Ga. 867 (2013)
- Chandler v. Rohner, 323 Ga. App. 713 (2013)
- Rutter v. Rutter, 294 Ga. 1 (2013)
- McCarthy v. Ashment-McCarthy, 295 Ga. 231 (2014)
- Gunderson v. Sandy, 295 Ga. 428 (2014)
- Mironov v. Mironov, 296 Ga. 114 (2014)
- McLendon v. McLendon, 297 Ga. 779 (2015)
- Flores v. Greene, et. al., A15A2052 (Ga. Ct. of Appeals, Feb. 2, 2016)
Georgia Divorce Trial Lawyers With Extensive Appeals Experience
Perhaps the court admitted and was influenced by inadmissible evidence. Perhaps the court applied the wrong law to the facts in your case. Perhaps the court ignored important evidence that is contrary to the court’s ruling.
At Hill Macdonald, LLC, we are divorce trial lawyers as well as appellate lawyers. We know what it takes to bring a non-frivolous appeal all the way to the Georgia Supreme Court if necessary. Attorney Vic Brown Hill is admitted to the United States Supreme Court and Supreme Court of Georgia as well as the Georgia Court of Appeals.
Explore options for correction of court orders that may be possible through divorce appeals in your case — or your client’s case, if you are an attorney. We invite you to have a look at the articles written by and about us and statements from clients who have seen what we can do, and then contact our Marietta divorce appeals attorneys to discuss your legal options in an initial consultation.
Contact Hill Macdonald, LLC, Today | Experienced Appellate Lawyers In Cobb County
Evening And Weekend Appointments By Request
Contact our Georgia family law office online today, or call toll free at 866-276-2839 to schedule an initial consultation with our experienced attorneys. We respond promptly to all messages we receive.